Ford used engine mounting instructions
Replace your damaged engine by a Ford used engine. Your Ford Fiesta, Focus, Focus C-max or Fusion will last a long time again when an used Fiat engine is installed. Engine damage remains a costly repair, but we can provide an affordable alternative to keep your motor running.
Important instructions and tips for replacing a Ford engine
To prevent basic mistakes when replacing a Ford engine, we have produced a list with instructions and tips below. This is to help you make sure the used Ford engine is fitted per manufacturers recommendation and that our replacement motor gives you the reliability and longevity you expect. Please pay careful attention to the following engine mounting instructions when replacing a Ford used engine:
1. Compare both Ford engines (old one and the replacement unit) thoroughly. Parts that are different should be inspected and cleaned before mounting on the ‘new’ engine.
2. New oil and oil filter, air filter, spark plugs (petrol engines), fuel filters and thermostat replaced. Check the engine for extra (often well hidden) oil filters like a gauze or sieve.
3. Timing belt tensioners checked, belt and v-belt replaced following manufacturers instructions.
4. It is recommended that diesel engines have their glow plugs tested and replaced ideally in sets.
5. All oil seals should be checked and replaced as required.
6. If the previous engine failed due to overheating the cause must be found and the radiator should be pressure and flow tested to ensure that it was not the cause.
7. Coolant hoses checked and replaced as required.
8. Use starter motor to build up oil pressure before you start the engine!
9. The cooling system must be refilled with new antifreeze mix and be bled as per manufacturers recommendations.
Incorrect bleeding of the system can cause an air lock and subsequent overheating resulting in engine damage, this damage will not be covered by the warranty.
If there are any problems after carefully following all the steps above, please contact our company.Request a car part